We will manage blocks of apartments and communal developments for landlords, housing associations, head lessees, lessees associations and management companies. In all cases, it is important that the relevant statutes and the terms of the lease, including covenants, management of communal areas and collection of service charges, are complied with diligently.
Dorset Property has six offices throughout Dorset, covering the county and its borders. We have a dedicated estate manager who oversees all the day-to-day running of our blocks and a team of property managers, any of whom will be able to assist with your enquiry.
We are happy to deal with all types of dwelling from 2 units to 100 plus.
We tailor our service to suit the needs of each individual client. This could include:
- Issuing demands for and collection of service charges and ground rents and chasing arrears
- Preparation of income and expenditure budgets and accounts
- Full bookkeeping service and liaison with accountants
- Quarterly property inspections
- Attending the Annual General Meeting and one further interim meeting (additional meetings and associated administration charged extra, see terms and conditions)
- Advising compliance with lease covenants
- Arranging and supervising day-to-day maintenance/contracts
- Arranging and maintaining insurance
- Arranging property surveys as required
- Liaising with managing agents of rental properties (we reserve the right to charge extra if we are involved in significant additional work if we are required to deal with matters arising)
- Arranging periodic Health and Safety checks
- Reading utility meters and liaising with relevant companies
- Advising on and implementing changes to legislation
Unlike some managing agents we do not charge additional fees for appointing contractors such as cleaners and gardeners.
The period of appointment can be flexible depending upon your needs but will be for a minimum term of one year less one day.
It is our aim to be transparent in all our charges.
Find out more ...
Click here for further information on our block management services.